The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use personal information that we may obtain about you. By registering for any services or information provided by Clarion on this website, by using the Clarion web site generally, by post, fax or telephone you agree to this use.
Your Personal Information
When you request information from, or register for tickets to attend Clarion events and use this website you will be asked to provide information that is required for the purposes set out below. This will include information such as:
- your name, address and other contacts details
- profile or preferences you provide to us
- payments details such as card details when you make payments and the related purchase information
- information that you give us may be supplemented with information available to us from other sources such as address checking services, screening data against preference services, geodemographic/lifestyle databases and standard industry classification information for profiling purposes.
How we use your information
We may use the information you give us for the following purposes:
- to register you with our website and to administer our website services
- to provide you with services and information that you have requested about Clarion events (e.g. information about events that you have requested)
- for assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer, information and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer and to enable us to provide you with information about Clarion events which we believe will closely match your preferences.
- our events may use your information to make decisions about you using computerised technology, for example using automatically selecting services which we think will interest you from the information we have.
We may keep you informed of such services (including details of shows, special offers, discounts, competitions and newsletters) by using the following methods:
- mobile messaging
If you do not wish to receive information about Clarion events, please email email@example.com or let the telephone operator know or click the unsubscribe box when receiving emails from us.
- we may from time to time contact you for the purposes of market research for Clarion events using the contact methods mentioned above.
- we may also use your information to administer any prize draws or competitions or other promotions that you choose to enter.
- We may, from time to time release your data to carefully selected third parties, unrelated to Clarion events, for the purposes of marketing. If you do / do not wish to receive information from third parties, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- we value our relationship with you and by requesting information on, or registering / buying tickets to attend Clarion events, you agree that we may use the contact details provided to us for our events as set out above.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may give information about you to the following, who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
- to our partners and third parties that collaborate with us for an event you registered for.
- agents and third parties who fulfil any other services on Clarion's behalf (e.g. to administer payments for purchases, despatch tickets and information etc)
- to other delegates (only where you are attending in a professional capacity, e.g. business related events) where it is expected that attendees will have access to a list of attendees and their organisation but not the actual contact details.
- to other organisations for the administration of prize draws, competitions or promotions.
- to anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties with you (for example a sale of the business or the sale of a particular event).
- To carefully selected third parties who rent Clarion lists for marketing purposes.
- if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
We take the security of your information very seriously and we endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose on-line. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing on-line over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
You have the right to see personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act) that we keep about you, upon receipt of a written request (see details below) and payment of a fee (currently £10). If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please contact us (see details below).
Please be aware that our site may link to other web sites which may be accessed through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked web sites.
In order to protect you, our customers and us from fraud, we may use and disclose or verify information that we obtain from making identity checks and other information in our customer records, for the purposes of fraud prevention and detection.
How can I get my name removed from a Clarion events mailing list?
Each mailing (including by email or mobile messaging) we send you will contain details of how you can unsubscribe. Please follow unsubscribe instructions or send an email to email@example.com with the word 'remove' in the subject line and the email address that you wish to be removed within the email, and wherever possible specifying the exact mailing that you do not want to receive or post your request to The Data Manager, Clarion Events Ltd, Fulham Green, Bedford House, 69-79 Fulham High St, London, SW6 3JW, UK. Please note that it may take up to 28 days to action your request.
How do I change any details stored on the Clarion website?
To change any of your registered details, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the word ‘change’ in the subject line with your existing details and your new details or post your original details and changes to The Data Manager, Clarion Events Ltd, Fulham Green, Bedford House, 69-79 Fulham High St, London, SW6 3JW, UK.
Clarion Events would like to keep you informed about our events and services. Please email email@example.com if you do not wish to receive information from Clarion Events by email.
We may share our information with other carefully selected organizations who may contact you for marketing purposes by mail or telephone.
If you do not wish to hear about offers from our event marketing partners please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not wish to receive information from selected third parties about their products/services and special offers by email, please email email@example.com